100% Remote, Part-Time
Location: US - Remote
100% remote position. Must be available primarily during US business hours with some evening and weekend availability and speak fluent English. At least 7 hours/week expected, with more hours expected during Q1 & Q4. Exceptional detail orientation skills required and must be tech-savvy!
LARVOL provides data and software solutions to support the competitive intelligence needs of the pharmaceutical and life science industries. Since 2004, we have been providing comprehensive data & information analysis for the most prominent pharmaceutical companies in the world and continue to expand. We are looking for a part-time Controller who would be responsible for planning and directing the accounting operations at LARVOL!
- Maintain a system of accounting policies and procedures; implement controls system over accounting transactions.
- Produce period financial reports that are generally accepted accounting principles.
- Recommend benchmarks to measure performance.
- Produce annual budget and forecasts; report significant budget differences.
- Provide financial analysis and documents to the tax accountant and other necessary parties.
- Files quarterly and annual reports
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Ad hoc projects.
Desired Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
- Must own a smartphone, computer, and have a reliable internet connection.
- We are tech-forward and expect staff to be adept at learning and utilizing new platforms on a frequent basis.
- Proficiency in MS Office required (we are PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook heavy).
- Ability to work independently and primarily during US business hours required.
- Exceptional attention to detail (numbers, names, grammar, time zones, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Ten years or more of related experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Candidates with a successful track record in a similar position are preferred.
Compensation: Competitive with a potential annual bonus of up to 25%. Our compensation package does not include health insurance benefits at this time.